Compulsive gambling can be a difficult thing to eliminate from your life. It’s as if the casino is a magnet and all the change in your pocket is pulling you there. It may seem that no matter what you do, you can’t seem to break that magnetic attraction. Well, there are many things you can do to reduce and eliminate this attraction and need for compulsive gambling. Following is a list of the things that you may find helpful:
1. Positive affirmations – Incorporate these into your daily life in order to develop and maintain a positive attitude.
2. Journal Writing – Notice what you were thinking and how you were feeling when you felt like gambling. Write about it in your journal as a way of determining triggers.
3. Meditation – Learn how to meditate in order to erase all thoughts from your mind and to de-stress. This is also a good practice to implement before you begin any visualization techniques.
4. Visualization – Close your eyes, relax and visualize a new you – someone who no longer feels the need to gamble. Imagine what you would be doing instead.
5. Hypnotherapy – This can be a very powerful tool with a therapist you feel comfortable with, and can trust. Your therapist can help you bring out the feelings associated with your compulsive gambling habit, and can help you rectify them.
6. Eat Healthy – Proper eating habits have an impact on how you think and feel, so this is important.
7. Exercise – Walking, Yoga, or any kind of exercise helps you to de-stress.
8. Credit – Give yourself credit for your accomplishments. Focus on the bills you have paid, rather the ones you haven’t.
9. Online Banking – This method of banking can help you pay your bills on time. On pay day, pay your bills before you even leave the house. Getting your bills paid on time will improve your sense of security. This feeling can give you a positive boost to help eliminate your compulsive gambling.
10. Read Self-Help Books – There are many good books available that can help you feel better about yourself. My favorites are “You Can Heal Your Life” by Louise L. Hay and “Seat of the Soul” by Gary Zhukav.
I incorporated all the above things into my life and was able to eliminate compulsive gambling from my life. I now feel happy and content with my life. I wanted to share this information with you so you can quit gambling and also feel happy and content. I wish you all the best with this challenge.